PIANO KEYBOARD BOOKS
Learn to Create Your OWN Accompaniment for Melodies
KEYBOARD ACCOMPANIMENT DEFINED: the ability to anticipate harmonic changes, choose appropriate chords and draw from a repertoire of chord-based techniques to provide an accompaniment.
MELODY ADVENTURES (MA)
MELODIES/SONGS NOTATED IN FULL
- For complete beginners – all ages
- A series with a difference – chord understanding progresses equally with traditional skills
- Ideal in conjunction with KA BASICS
- Supports KA BASICS with many of the same melodies, fully arranged.
KEYBOARD ACCOMPANIMENT BEGINNERS
KEYBOARD ACCOMPANIMENT (KA) BASICS
Generally GIVES MELODY ONLY
- With guidance, you create accompaniment for melodies (nice sounding harmony) – until it becomes intuitive.
- Books encourage a wide variety of styles, rhythms, embellishment variations, chords, chord arrangements & progressions that can be mixed/matched to suit the melody
- ADVANTAGE: eliminates dependency on prearranged music.
Check out our reviews
The AMERICAN MUSIC TEACHER MAGAZINE
Beginning – Diploma. The Keyboard Accompaniment Series by Gayle MacAulay Dunsmoor provides a useful resource for teaching an important aspect of piano playing, for which there are not many resources. The method begins at the basics of note reading and works up to accompanying melodies without notation, reading lead sheets and understanding chord progressions…
The series fits into its own niche by focusing on creating accompaniments to written melodies as well as chord reading. In all, the series is a useful and pedagogically sound method to teach chords and accompaniment.